Opening narration box
When the Doctor and Martha visit the Ancient Worlds theme park, trouble is just round the corner …
The Doctor is investigating rumours that something is wrong at the Ancient Worlds theme park on Dewyn, a planet obsessed with Earth’s history. Their arrival raises the concerns of the park watcher, who instructs his guards, (Medusa, Cyclops and Cerebus), to apprehend the Doctor and Martha.
They escape by falling down a hole into a labyrinth of tunnels. Avoiding a rolling boulder and finding skeletal prop remains, they meet a couple in the tunnels hiding from the aggressive guards and the Minotaur which has killed all their friends.
The Doctor, while dismissing the Minotaur as no longer being about, and rules out evolution to cross bull and man, comes face to face with a Tauride (a spiked, bull-like creature usually passive by nature). The Tauride attacks and Martha notices a syringe stuck in the creatur'es neck. The Doctor suspects it is a stimulator of some sort. The Doctor attempts to remove the dart but is pinned to a wall by the Tauride’s horns…
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- Tauride – Giant bull-like creature a shy species not usually aggressive.
- Medusa – From Greek mythology the very sight of her hair of snakes could turn the watcher to stone.
- Cyclops – A one-eyed giant from Greek mytholgy.
- Cerebus – A three-headed vicious dog from Greek mythology.
Original print details
- 1/3 DWBIT 31 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!!!
- No reprints to date.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor’s adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with ‘props’ from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
to be added
- Minor Trouble takes place after DWBIT: House Pests
- Minor Trouble takes place before DWBIT: Inhuman Sacrifice