Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"They used to tell me at the Academy that anyone could become president. I'm beginning to believe it."
But even as the candidates manoeuvre and plan, an assassin stalks the galleries of the panopticon. Gallifrey will soon have a new president, but at what cost? How many people will have to die? And which — if any — of the contenders will survive?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Former Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- Inquisitor Prime Darkel - Lynda Bellingham
- Coordinator Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Acting Lord President Valyes - Steven Wickham
- Cardinal Matthias - Stephen Perring
- Captain Henzil - John Dorney
- Acting Castellan Annos - Dickon Tolson
- Commander Janartis - Charlie Ross
- Surgeon-Master Elbon - Paul Grunert
- Lord Delox - Roger Parrott
- Guardsman Robersuun - David Cromarty
- Irving Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story marks the death of Inquisitor Prime Darkel, though actress Lynda Bellingham would later return to the role for the 2013 audio story Trial of the Valeyard.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- This story was originally released on CD and download. It is now available as a download only.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Article 17 was mentioned and used by the Doctor in TV: The Deadly Assassin.
- The Morbius affair is seen (in varying degrees) in TV: The Brain of Morbius and PROSE: Warmonger.
- Braxiatel uses the presidential suite (complete with lead lined walls) which appeared in TV: The Invasion of Time. Leela remembers with a smile which President introduced the lead-lined walls.
[edit | edit source]