Mind of Stone was the tenth novel in the Lethbridge-Stewart series. It was the final book in the series to be released in 2016. The day before this novel was released, characters from it were included in the series' Christmas special Home for Christmas.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart has been remanded to Woodworms Scrubs Prison, and his team have no idea why. Secrecy surrounds his case, but his team barely have a chance to process anything before they are sent on a mission to Egypt.
Why does it seem like Lethbridge-Stewart is going out of his way to court trouble from the prison's most notorious inmates? And what does it have to do with well-known gangster Hugh Godfrey?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart
- Anne Travers
- 2nd Lieutenant William Bishop
- Regimental Sergeant Major Samson Ware
- Lance Corporal Sally Wright
- Leslie Johnston
- The General
- Hugh Godfrey
- Lieutenant Colonel Walter Douglas
- Colonel Spencer Pemberton
- Captain Ben Knight
- Laurence Bowen
- Governor Clemence
- Prison Officer Fulton
- Inspector Turner
References[edit | edit source]
- Bishop has seen a film about a cursed stone that featured Peter Cushing.
- Stanley has a dream about Diana Dors.
- Rakis comes from Glastra.
Notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Douglas has read the report about the Corps' recent dealings with the sentient rock Mutalith. (PROSE: Blood of Atlantis)
[edit | edit source]