Publisher's summary Edit
As the government realises the full implications of Year 2000, one company seems to promise all the technological answers... but what exactly are the methods and motives behind the operation?
What is the connection between the Millennium Bug, a raid on a Russian nuclear base, a break-in at a British defence contractor, and a pen that Sarah-Jane Smith kept as a memento of a past adventure? The Doctor and Commander Harry Sullivan of MI5 must discover the truth before the world is plunged into a digital winter.
No longer just an expensive miscalculation, the Millennium Bug could also be the key to an alien take-over of Earth...
to be added
- Fourth Doctor
- Harry Sullivan
- Mike Foley
- George Gardner
- Andi Cave
- General Randall
- Colonel Krimkov
- James Bryant
- Dave Hodges
- Byron Cutter
- Sylvia Webb
- Terry Brooks
- Philip Cotton
- Jennifer Hamilton
- Lieutenant Colonel Vince Attwell
- At some point prior to 1998 Sarah Jane Smith's aunt had died.
- Terry Brooks is Prime Minister of Britain.
- Harry Sullivan is older than when the Doctor last met him. He's still working for MI5.
- This novel is a direct sequel to System Shock from the Virgin Missing Adventures, the range which the BBC Past Doctor Adventures replaced. This is the only such occurrence between the ranges.
- The name of the book on the frontispiece is misspelt Millenium Shock.
- The chapters of this novel are numbered in base-16 or hexadecimal.
- This story is set between The Deadly Assassin and The Face of Evil.
- On the same night, the Sixth Doctor and his companion Melanie Bush saved the Earth from being taken over by Saraquazel, a being from the after-universe, and his servant Ashley Chapel. (PROSE: Millennial Rites)
- Concurrently, the Seventh Doctor and an older version of Mel gate crashed the New Year's Eve party being thrown by Alisha Hammerson, the Auton head of Hammerson Plastic PLC, in London. They foiled her plan to replace her guests with Auton replicas so the Earth could be dominated and absorbed by severing her link to the Nestene Consciousness. (COMIC: Plastic Millennium)
- Furthermore, in San Francisco, an older version of the Seventh Doctor regenerated into his eighth incarnation. After an initial bout of amnesia, the newly regenerated Doctor stopped the Master from stealing his body and destroying the Earth, with the help of Dr Grace Holloway. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Millennium Shock at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Millennium Shock