Message from the Doctor was a webcast featuring the Thirteenth Doctor.
Designed to urge viewers — particularly children — to remain calm during the COVID-19 worldwide outbreak, it took the form of a video message from the Doctor about what to do in a crisis.
Summary[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
Crew[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor's TARDIS has detected an upsurge in psychological signals from "somewhere in space and time".
- The Doctor is "self-isolating" from an army of Sontarans.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Jodie Whitaker filmed the webcast at home inside a wardrobe.
- The words "COVID-19" and "coronavirus" are not mentioned during the webcast, and the Sontarans do not make a physical appearance.
- The webcast appeared on both the Doctor Who and the CBBC Newsround pages on the BBC website — the latter for the benefit of children who were left feeling anxious about the situation.
- In the case of "in-character" appearances of the Doctor, this is the second time an actor has recorded footage in the role from home. The first time was in 1973 when the Time Lords' video screen in The Three Doctors showed an image of the First Doctor in a garden, which is rumoured to be shot in William Hartnell's own garden at home.[source needed]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The TARDIS has detected that "someone, somewhere, might be a little bit worried". (TV: Night Terrors)