Message from the Doctor was a webcast featuring the Thirteenth Doctor.
Designed to urge viewers — particularly children — to remain calm during the COVID-19 worldwide outbreak, it took the form of a video message from the Doctor about what to do in a crisis.
- The TARDIS has detected an upsurge in psychological signals from "somewhere in space and time".
- The Doctor is "self-isolating" from an army of Sontarans.
- Jodie Whitaker filmed the webcast at home inside a wardrobe.
- The words "COVID-19" and "coronavirus" are not mentioned during the webcast.
- The webcast appeared on both the Doctor Who and the CBBC Newsround pages on the BBC website — the latter for the benefit of children who were left feeling anxious about the situation.
- In the case of "in-character" appearances of the Doctor, this is the second time an actor has recorded footage in the role from home. The first time was in 1973 when the Time Lords' video screen in The Three Doctors showed an image of the First Doctor in a garden, which is rumoured to be shot in William Hartnell's own garden at home.