Summary[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Missy refers to Clara Oswald as her latest minion, whom she describes as "scarier" than past allies of hers, including the Nestenes, the Daleks and her "Cyberdears".
- According to Missy, she and the Doctor stared into the Untempered Schism together as "little boys"; he was fine while the Master-to-be "went completely gaga", albeit finding the experience pleasurable.
- Missy notes that she has spent "the last few thousand years" trying to "obliterate" the Doctor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was the first to suggest that the "decayed" Master seen in TV: The Deadly Assassin was not simply the result of them continuing to survive after an injury or reaching an extremely old age, but rather the result of the Master's thirteenth incarnation attempting one more regeneration despite being at the end of his regeneration cycle — resulting in "his face falling off". This idea would later be picked up on by the Thirteenth Doctor in PROSE: The Doctor vs the Master.
- Missy is shown to only remember the "Tremas" Master's contact with the Cheetah virus very vaguely. This is an apparent reference to the variety of conflicting accounts of how the Master's struggle with the virus played out after the events of TV: Survival.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Missy summarises her activities in several incarnations;
- "The Beardy One", who had to "hang around" Earth "all the time" because the Doctor was exiled there. (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- "The Yucky One", who was the product of the Master attempting to regenerate one more time despite being at the end of his regeneration cycle. (TV: The Deadly Assassin, PROSE: The Doctor vs the Master)
- "The Sneaky One", who was fond of disguises and may or may not have once "turned into a cat"; (TV: Castrovalva, Survival)
- "The Snaky One", who escaped his execution on Skaro by turning into a snake and stealing a new body. (TV: Doctor Who)
- "The Nice One", a kindly human scientist who was unaware of his true nature. (TV: Utopia)
- "The Bonkers One" who once got himself elected Prime Minister (TV: The Sound of Drums) and later replaced every human on Earth with a version of himself. (TV: The End of Time)
- "The Best One", Missy herself, who describes herself as being "back in the Doctor's life" and notes that in her opinion, "he loves [her], really". (TV: Deep Breath, Death in Heaven)
- Missy notes that her minions have included Autons, (TV: Terror of the Autons) Daleks, (TV: Frontier in Space, The Curse of Fatal Death) her "Cyberdears" (TV: Dark Water) and Clara Oswald. (TV: The Witch's Familiar)
- Missy remembers staring in the Untempered Schism as "a little boy" and going "completely gaga". (TV: The Sound of Drums)
- She insists that she is the Doctor's archenemy, and that Davros is not. She had also expressed this sentiment when the Twelfth Doctor indeed regarded Davros as his "archenemy". (TV: The Magician's Apprentice)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.