Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"No one from this time will ever see that girl again..."
The Doctor wonders why so many young girls are going missing from the area. When he sees Sammy Star's amazing magic act, he thinks he knows the answer. Sammy's glamorous assistant disappears at the climax of the act — but this is no stage trick.
The Doctor and his friends team up with residents of an old people's home to discover the truth. And together they find themselves face to face with a deadly Weeping Angel.
Whatever you do — don't blink!
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Weeping Angel
- Sammy Star
- Amber Hooper
- Kylie Collins
- Miss Leake
- Austin Hart
- Bill Evans
- Daisy Mead
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor puts magician props in a carpet bag that he says he got back from Mary Poppins.
- When auditioning for Sammy Star's magic show, the Doctor signs his name as Fred Astaire.
- Noting the Doctor's alias, Amy signs her name as Ginger Rogers.
- The Doctor claims to have a Finding Evil sense.
- Unlike other companions, Rory does not have a superphone and can only make calls in his own time period.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This novel was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor spends a significant portion of the novella wearing the outfit of the Third Doctor and Amy wears the sparkly catsuit which belonged to the Second Doctor's companion Zoe Heriot.
- This was the first Doctor Who Quick Reads book to be published since 2010, and the first to feature companions since 2007.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- While on a tour bus in London, the Doctor mentions the secret base underneath the Tower of London, (TV: The Christmas Invasion), fighting "witch monsters" in the Globe Theatre with William Shakespeare (TV: The Shakespeare Code), the Nestene Consciousness's plan to use the London Eye (TV: Rose) and "a pig flying a spaceship into Big Ben". (TV: Aliens of London)
- The Doctor claims that Madame Tussauds got Guy Fawkes' moustache wrong. (GAME: The Gunpowder Plot)
- Amy name-drops Winston Churchill. (TV: Victory of the Daleks)
- Amy expresses distaste for the Doctor's latest choice of hat, a Union Jack patterned plastic bowler. (TV: The Big Bang)
- Amy refers to the Doctor and Rory as "my boys". (TV: The Vampires of Venice, Amy's Choice)
[edit | edit source]
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Magic of the Angels at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Magic of the Angels