Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge was the one hundred and forty-first story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Marty Ross and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, Sophie Aldred as Ace and Philip Olivier as Hex.
Publisher's summary Edit
1934: the TARDIS lands on a snowy island off the coast of Alaska — one that wasn't there four years, three months and six days ago, according to the Doctor. The island is dominated by a vast, twisted citadel. Inside it, the Lurkers lie dreaming. It's said when they wake the world will end...
Led by the ruthless Emerson Whytecrag, an expedition has come to the citadel, to exploit the horrors in its ebon-dark interior. Horrors just like those published in the pages of the pulp magazine Shuddersome Tales, where a hero's only reward is madness, death... or worse.
Horrors that the Doctor and his companion are about to wake up.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- CP Doveday - Michael Brandon
- Dr Freya Gabriel - Kate Terence
- Emerson Whytecrag III - Stuart Milligan
- Professor August Corbin - Alex Lowe
- Slade - Sam Clemens
- Captain Akins - Duncan Wisbey
- Hex mentions Southport.
- This audio drama was recorded on 21 and 23 June 2010 at The Moat Studios.
- This story was originally released on CD and download.
- The Fifth Doctor previously visited Alaska in 1964 and 1994 in the company of Nyssa. (AUDIO: The Land of the Dead)
- The TARDIS is still white. (AUDIO: The Angel of Scutari)
- Hex refers to seeing the Doctor come back from the dead. (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)
- The Doctor mentions that he has descended an ice cliff before, "though not particularly skillfully." (TV: Dragonfire)
- The TARDIS anoraks have "Yeti cloths" in their pockets. (TV: The Abominable Snowmen)
- The Karnas'koi are Elder Gods. (AUDIO: Black and White)
- Official Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide