Aspects of production covered Edit
- The decision to bring back the Time Lords for this story.
- The logistics of faking a helicopter shot in this story without a real helicopter.
- John Simm on returning as the Master.
- Redoing the Master's look for this story, to fit with the character's attempts to blend in.
- June Whitfield on her brief appearance in the story.
- Discussions on the Vinvocci and the prosthetics used for them.
- The VFX work required to pull John Simm's face on so many people.
- Filming of the White House press room sequence, in which John Simm had to wear over thirty outfits so all the shots could be knitted into one.
Additional topics covered Edit
- David Tennant's feelings on ending his time in the role of the Doctor.
- Discussion of how a helicopter shot in Aliens of London had been carefully done without the use of a real helicopter.
- The history of the Master's rivalry with the Doctor in the classic series.
- How Wilfred Mott had never originally be intended as a part of Donna's family.
- The history of the Doctor's relationship with Time Lord society.
People interviewed Edit
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- Julie Gardner, Executive Producer
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer
- Peter Bennett, Producer
- Ben Griffiths, Electrician
- Euros Lyn, Director
- John Simm, The Master
- Jacqueline King, Sylvia Noble
- Bernard Cribbins, Wilfred Mott
- June Whitfield, Minnie
- Sinead Keenan, Addams
- Lachele Carl, Trinity Wells
- Tracy Ifeachor, Abigail Naismith
- Edward Thomas, Production Designer
Music list Edit
- "Uprising" by Muse
- "Boom Boom Pow" by The Black Eyed Peas
- "Countdown" by Rush
- "You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse
- "Cold As Ice" by M.O.P.
- "Never Forget You" by The Noisettes
- "Terry & June Theme" by John Shakespeare
- "American Woman" by The Guess Who
- "Shake It" by Metro Station
- "If Everybody Looked The Same" by Groove Armada
- "Mr Big Stuff" by Jean Knight
- Camera - James Daniels, Eric Huyton, Aled Jenkins, Jon Rees, Andy Smith
- Sound - Dafydd Parry, Jon Thomas, Brian Ullah
- Runners - James Bowen, Claire Riley
- Researchers - Matthew Andrews, Stuart Laws, Robert Wootton
- Assistant Producers - Ian Hay, Donovan Keogh, Hannah Williams
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Team Assistant - Emma Chapman
- Production Co-ordinators - Tors Grantham, Megan Pinches
- Production Manager - Katy Cartwright
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Editor - John Parker
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
There was no "Cut Down" version of this episode.
Home video releases Edit
The full length episode is available on the Doctor Who: 2009 Winter Specials DVD & Blu-ray box sets and the Doctor Who: The Complete Specials DVD & Blu-ray box sets.