Living Legend was a short story written by Scott Gray. It features the Eighth Doctor. The story was originally published as the first half of an audio CD included with DWM 337, and was later re-released as a free download on the Big Finish Productions website.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The world faces imminent destruction when Italy wins the World Cup! Can the fabled Time Lady Charleyostiantayshius save humanity from the dreaded Threllip Empire, or will her idiot assistant, the Doctor, ruin everything?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Vengorr - Stephen Perring
- Thon - Conrad Westmaas
References[edit | edit source]
- Charley mentions the Web of Time.
- The Doctor and Charley dress in Time Lord robes.
- Wartsnogglers are rat-like creatures that the Threllips keep as pets.
- Mordelius Prime has at least seventeen moons.
- The Doctor speaks some Italian.
- The Doctor mentions Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was recorded on 16 May 2003.
- This CD was free with DWM 337.
- The CD also contains behind the scenes recording and interviews for the audio story Zagreus.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor tells Charley that he witnessed the VE Day celebrations on 8 May 1945. (AUDIO: Casualties of War)
- During their visit to Light City in the Divergent Universe, the Doctor and Charley's memories were contributed to the pool of information used to programme the Proles. An edited version of their encounter with the Threllips was included in an infotainment broadcast which the Proles were obligated to watch. (AUDIO: The Natural History of Fear)
[edit | edit source]
- Official Living Legend page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Living Legend at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide