Life from Lifelessness was the third short story in the Short Trips anthology Short Trips: Destination Prague. It was written by Keith R.A. DeCandido. It featured the First Doctor, Fourth Doctor, Susan, Romana I and K9 Mark II.
- When the Wronsdehj invaded Europe and enslaved the people, Rabbi Gnom Burstein was assigned to work with another "slave", who wore a long scarf and called himself the Doctor. When he learned they were in Prague, he realised there was a solution to the Wronsdehj invasion and told Rabbi Burstein a story.
- Five hundred and fifty years ago, the Doctor and his granddaughter were looking for a piece of clay that had fallen to Earth from a Liciax ship. By the time they reached Earth, the clay had already been formed into a creature by Rabbi Yehuda Loevy. The creature, which became known as the Golem of Prague, protected the Jewish people. However, Rabbi Loevy's control of the golem was not strong enough, and it killed several people. The Doctor and Susan helped Rabbi Loevy control the golem so they could lock it in the attic of the Altneuschul. There it remained for centuries, protected by a security system provided by the Doctor.
- The Doctor, with Romana's help, released the golem from the attic, and the golem and K9 attacked the Wronsdehj. They fled the planet, and the Doctor takes the golem away with him when he leaves Prague.
Rabbi Donnig tells the girls that the attic is now kept empty out of respect.
- First Doctor
- Fourth Doctor
- Susan Foreman
- Romana I
- K9 Mark II
- Rabbi Donnig
- Rabbi Gnom Burstein
- Rabbi Yehuda Loevy
- Romana mentions the Daleks, Cybermen, Rutans and Sontarans.
- The Wronsdehj conquered the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, Poland, Italy and France.
- Rabbi Donnig tells the girls about Josefov.
- Rabbi Loevy mentions Passover.
to be added
- Soon after this adventure, the First Doctor enrolled Susan in school. (TV: An Unearthly Child)
- The Doctor mentions that the last time he was in Prague, it was the 25th century. (PROSE: The Dogs of War)