Lies in Ruins was the first story in the audio anthology The Legacy of Time, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by James Goss and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Lisa Bowerman as Bernice Summerfield and Alex Kingston as River Song.
Publisher's summary Edit
On a strange ruined world, a renowned archaeologist opens an ancient tomb. Only to find another archaeologist got there first. Professors Summerfield and Song unite to solve a mystery. Then the Eighth Doctor arrives, and things really become dangerous. Because their best friend isn't quite the man River and Benny remember...
To be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Professor River Song - Alex Kingston
- Professor Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Ria - Alexandria Riley
- Scavenger Captain - Okezie Morro
- Scavenger - Beth Chalmers
- River's archeologists guess that the ruin could be Slithergee or Chelonian.
- Both River and Benny work for the Luna University.
- Benny finds Vogan artefacts on the planet.
- The Galactic Trust can object to the scavenger's claims.
- During the rebuilding Benny hopes the wall she is resting against won't suddenly become the Prydonian Academy.
to be added
- River uses her sonic trowel. (TV: The Husbands of River Song)
- River tells Bernice she got married to the Doctor on top of a pyramid. (TV: The Wedding of River Song)
- The Doctor refuses to fight in the Time War. (TV: The Night of the Doctor)
- River tells Bernice that one long day the events of the Time War becomes right for the universe and the Doctor. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- Benny mentions meeting the Eighth Doctor when he was happier and wore velvet. (PROSE: The Dying Days, AUDIO: Benny's Story)
- Benny and River both know the same amount of incarnations of the Doctor from the first to the eighth. (COMIC: Time & Time Again, TV: The Time of Angels et. al)
- The Doctor and Benny previously shared an adventure in a world that was really a TARDIS. (PROSE: Strange England)
- The Seventh Doctor also built an android companion. (PROSE: Companion Piece)