Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"I don't believe in destinies foretold and all that. I am a rational, straightforward thinker."
Some time has passed since the events surrounding the Timonic Fusion Device threatened Romana's presidency with impeachment, and life has calmed down on Gallifrey. Well, apart from Romana's latest scheme, the opening up of Gallifrey's famed Academy to the students of alien races with the ability, or the potential, to harness temporal powers.
Unfortunately, deep below the Capitol, Leela, confused and morose over the truth about her husband Andred, disturbs a malevolent power. Something from the Dark Days of Ancient Gallifrey.
Something that wants to be reborn and will use any and every means that is at hand. Including the past of Gallifrey's incumbent President...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 - John Leeson
- Romana - Mary Tamm
- Inquisitor Prime Darkel - Lynda Bellingham
- Cardinal Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- Coordinator Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Andred - Andy Coleman
- Castellan Wynter - Ian Hallard
- The Archivist - Trevor Littledale
- Pandora - Brenda Longman
References[edit | edit source]
- Braxiatel's nickname at the Time Lord Academy was "Icicle" while Romana's was "Ice Maiden".
- Braxiatel was Romana's tutor while she was attending the Academy, however she failed to remember this because Braxiatel used hypnosis to block the memories of her connections with Pandora.
- Wynter is from the Arcalian Chapter. He states that he has trained with Castellan Maxil regularly.
- Pandora allegedly hired a female bodyguard that was thought to be a Killoran, although records were unclear.
- The White Guardian disrupted Braxiatel's plans to keep an eye on Romana.
- The Black Guardian inadvertently broke through the memory block in Romana's mind by torturing her.
- The Archivist mentions Pandak VIII.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mary Tamm returns to play Romana I. This marks Tamm's first appearance in a Big Finish audio drama.
- Maxil is mentioned but does not appear.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Valyes attended the Academy with the First Doctor. In year fifty, the Doctor fed a snapping wart fowl to his summer project. Valyes has held a grudge ever since. (AUDIO: The Next Life)
- There are references to TV: The Ribos Operation (when Romana was sent to assist the Fourth Doctor's quest for the Key to Time) and TV: The Armageddon Factor (when Romana was tortured by the Shadow).
- Braxiatel informs Narvin that, in direct contravention of the First Law of Time, he has been supplying his future self with alien artefacts for his collection and makes a veiled reference to his future self's associates. This refers to the events depicted in the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series as well as establishing that his experiences with Bernice Summerfield, Jason Kane and Adrian Wall occur or rather will occur many years after the events portrayed in Gallifrey in Braxiatel's personal timeline. Furthermore, he claims that he will be more adept at hypnotism in the future, as shown in AUDIO: The Mirror Effect. This confession would later have major ramifications for Braxiatel in AUDIO: Pandora.
- Maxil has been promoted to Castellan since the events of TV: Arc of Infinity. He would later make his first and only appearance in Gallifrey in AUDIO: Appropriation, in which he was played in an uncredited cameo by Colin Baker.
- Wynter mentions Romana exposing the Oubliette of Eternity and disbanding its use. (AUDIO: Neverland)
[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]