Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The TARDIS has arrived on a world of violence, where hideous creatures hunt and kill endlessly, vying for supremacy at the top of the food chain. But is evolution on the planet natural or engineered by some higher power? And why has an aggressively suspicious alien police force sent a secret mission here?
With no one safe from the planet's tireless predators, Leela's warrior instincts are tested to the full. The Doctor, meanwhile, begins to suspect that there is a scientific purpose to the planet — one married to a sinister intelligence.
Whatever the data being collated from the planet, the Doctor soon realises its usage may have far-reaching consequences for all humanity...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Fourth Doctor
- Serian Kley
- Dikero Drew
References[edit | edit source]
- Bloodswimmers are parasitic worms native to Leela's planet.
- The Doctor carries in his pockets some coins, a penknife, and a gold nugget shaped like a duck.
- Leela calls the TARDIS a "travelling hut" but she knows what TARDIS stands for.
- The Doctor gets his scarf ruined.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The duellists and death matches mentioned casually in this book would later feature in the novel Match of the Day.
- This story is set between The Robots of Death and The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added