- You may be looking for the titular planet.
Kursaal was author Anghelides' first full length contribution to Doctor Who; his previous contribution was the short story Moving On in 1996.
Publisher's summary Edit
Eco-terrorists want the project halted to preserve vital archaeological sites -- areas containing the last remains of the long-dead Jax, an ancient wolf-like race whose remains are being buried beneath the big-business tourist attractions.
Cut off from the TARDIS, separated from his companion and pursued for murder, the Doctor discovers Kursaal hides a terrible secret — and that Sam is being affected by events more than anyone would guess...
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Sam Jones
- Security Chief Paul Kadijk
- Paul Kadijk's ex-wife
- Professor Amy Saraband
- Amy Saraband's father
- Amy Saraband's partner
- Maximilian Gray
- Bernard Cockaigne
- Claire Johnson
- Denis Lambton
- Bandros' mother
- Carl Olivier
- Melissa Donoghue
- James Watford
- John Govan
- Mo Clunes
- Mikey Clunes
- Martina Lennox
- James Jensen
- Huan Qua
- Frajnar Kumbolo
- Josef Brandt
- DuPre's husband
- In Latin, "Alius" means "other".
- The Doctor refers to Kursaal as a cross between Disneyland and Babylon 5.
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor mentions the Mars-Venus run.
The Doctor's items Edit
- The Doctor has a box of everlasting matches.
- HALF stands for Helping All Life Forms.
- Geomyde are rat-headed humanoids with fluffy brown cheeks.
- Caballans are long-faced and have horse-like nostrils.
- Haxalians rotate their forehead antennae as a sign of agitation.
- Fodorans have yellow hair and blue skin.
- Brascan hermaphrodites look like orangutans in boiler suits.
- Emorgans are humanoid.
- Some other visitors to Kursaal are Alpha Centurians and Ogrons.
- In The Eight Doctors Sam's eyes are blue; in Alien Bodies they're green; and in this novel they're green when she's possessed and blue when she's not.
- A virus like werewolf appears in TV: Tooth and Claw.
- Earth-based werewolves are featured in AUDIO: Loups-Garoux and PROSE: Wolfsbane.
- The Doctor dislikes hospitals because of his "death" in one in TV: Doctor Who.
- Sam thinks of the Tractite she killed in self defence. (PROSE: Genocide)