Kane's Story was a Sixth Doctor comic published in Doctor Who Magazine. It was the first story to feature the Skeletoids, who would form the basis of the comics' plot up until Frobisher's Story. It would also be the first DWM story to feature a human companion seen on TV, as K9 Mark II first appeared in Timeslip.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor buys a burger and Kane demonstrates his telekinesis on it.
- The Skeletoids invade outposts on Sigma IV.
- Peri is living in New York City in 1985.
- The Skeletoids demolished both the Dalek and Cyberman empires.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Peri, an American in New York City, tells her boss to find a new "skivvy", a British term meaning low-ranking domestic servant.
- This comic is the first of a four-part idiosyncratic series of titles, all following the template of "____'s Story", the blank getting filled with the name of the character focused on during each successive comic.
- The title Kane's Story, when paired with Abel's Story, forms a reference to Cain and Abel, two siblings mentioned in the book of Genesis of the Bible.
- The Skeletoids' attack on the two "mighty empires" is illustrated by panel depicting a Dalek and Cyberman respectively.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The TARDIS has just returned from the Funhouse. (COMIC: Funhouse)
- A group of miniature penguins are seen watching the Doctor. These penguins first appeared in Once Upon a Time-Lord and will reappear in Party Animals and Time & Time Again.
[edit | edit source]