Julian Glover (born 27 March 1935) played Richard the Lionheart in the Doctor Who television story The Crusade, Scaroth in City of Death, and Upuat in The True History of Faction Paradox. He also contributed to the charity reference book Behind the Sofa: Celebrity Memories of Doctor Who.
Glover once confided to interviewer Gary Russell that William Hartnell wasn't "much fun to work with" but that he very much enjoyed the company of William Russell and Jacqueline Hill. He called Maureen O'Brien "one of the most enchanting women that has ever lived and breathed." He also volunteered that he would've "loved to have been Doctor Who." (DCOM: The Crusade) As for his time on City of Death, surviving outtakes included on the DVD release show Glover in good spirits and having fun during scene breakdowns and shooting a time-lapse sequence.
Outside of Doctor Who, he is probably best known for playing General Maximilian Veers in Star Wars and Walter Donovan, the main villain in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. He also played the villain Kristatos in the 1981 James Bond film For Your Eyes Only and was the voice of Aragog in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Most recently, he played Grand Maester Pycelle in HBO's Game of Thrones and Lochru in an episode of Merlin.
In the DWU
- It is noted in the short story Lilac Mars that Julian Glover has played an Egyptian deity.
- Internet Movie Database at the
- Julian Glover at the Faction Paradox wiki
- Julian Glover at Wookieepedia, the wiki that covers all licensed Star Wars works
- Julian Glover at Indiana Jones Wiki
- Julian Glover at Harry Potter Wiki
- Julian Glover at Game of Thrones Wiki