In The End of Time he played several members of the human race after they had been converted into the Master Race. Some of these humans included Joshua and Abigail Naismith, Sylvia Noble, Shaun Temple, Winston Katusi, Barack Obama and several reporters in the White House, Mr Danes, a teenager, several other heads of military intelligence's such as UNIT and several other unnamed people.
Simm received second billing in the opening credits for both parts of The End of Time, making him the second villain actor in the history of the franchise to be so credited. The first was Eric Roberts, who also played the Master in the 1996 television movie.
Simm previously appeared in the film Human Traffic and the TV series Spaced, but is probably best known for his role as Sam Tyler (interestingly named after Rose Tyler when the surname Williams was deemed unsuitable) in the BBC drama Life on Mars.
After his appearance in World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls alongside Michelle Gomez and Peter Capaldi, Simm revealed to the Metro that he would definitely take another turn as his Master alongside Jodie Whittaker if he got the call.
Credits[edit | edit source]
Television[edit | edit source]
Doctor Who[edit | edit source]
- Utopia / The Sound of Drums / Last of the Time Lords
- The End of Time
- World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls
Audio[edit | edit source]
Big Finish Special Releases[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Internet Movie Database at the
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- John Simm. BFI. Retrieved on 4 January 2020.
- Joe Anderton (10 September 2018). Doctor Who's John Simm reveals if he would ever play The Master opposite Jodie Whittaker. Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 14 December 2018. Retrieved on 14 December 2018. “If they asked me I'd absolutely consider it because (Jodie Whittaker is) fantastic.”