John Abineri (18 May 1928-29 June 2000) had several roles on Doctor Who. His best known role was probably Herne the Hunter in Robin of Sherwood from 1984-86. He had earlier played Sir Kenneth Neston in The Legend of Robin Hood in 1975.
He had a regular role as Hubert Goss in Terry Nation's post-apocalyptic drama Survivors from 1976-77. His performance as Chingachgook in a 1971 BBC adaptation of The Last of the Mohicans earned Abineri a nomination for a Primetime Emmy. He reprised the role in Hawkeye, the Pathfinder in 1973. He also appeared as Sir George Mortenhurze alongside Sarah Sutton in the 1978 miniseries The Moon Stallion, which was scripted by Brian Hayles.
- Fury from the Deep (as Van Lutyens)
- The Ambassadors of Death (as General Carrington)
- Death to the Daleks (as Richard Railton)
- The Power of Kroll (as Ranquin)
- Internet Movie Database at the