Izzy's Story was the third story in the audio anthology, The Company of Friends, which comprised the one hundred and twenty-third release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Alan Barnes and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Jemima Rooper as Izzy Sinclair.
Barnes had created the character of Izzy and wrote many early Izzy stories in Doctor Who Magazine.
Publisher's summary Edit
TARDIS travel opens one's eyes to a universe of possibilities, reckons the Doctor. For geek girl Izzy, it's also a fantastic way to track down ultra-rare back copies of Aggrotron!, the most dangerous comic in history...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Izzy Sinclair - Jemima Rooper
- Courtmaster Cruel - Anthony Glennon
- Foreman - Robert Forknall
- Juror - Katrina Cooke
- Captain Cannibal - Ian Hallard
- Grakk - Teddy Kempner
- Clerkie - Teddy Kempner
- The Camp Robot - Teddy Kempner
- Grubb - Steve Hansell
- The Man - Steve Hansell
- Suits - Robert Forknall and Ian Hallard
- Izzy tries to find the extremely rare 56th issue of Aggrotron!.
Real world Edit
- This story was recorded on 30 and 31 October, 2008.
- Jemima Rooper's performance as Izzy was praised by Alan Barnes, who said "she 'got' the character the second she spoke her first line, absolutely - walking the line between 'utterly adorable, give her a hug' and 'slightly irritating nerd' like she was born to play it!" (VOR 5)
- This remains the only story in which the character of Izzy was performed by an actor.
- The Doctor refers to the mystery surrounding Atlantis' location. (TV: The Underwater Menace, The Dæmons, The Time Monster)
- Izzy recalls meeting "psychic weasels" and "vampire monkeys". (COMIC: Tooth and Claw)
- The Doctor once again produces a ten zaggian note. (COMIC: Doctor Who and the Iron Legion)