- You may wish to consult
Island of Death (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Island of Death was the seventieth novel in the BBC Past Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Barry Letts, released 1 July 2005 and featured the Third Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
Publisher's summary Edit
"He would learn nothing from the internal organs — and for a very good reason: there was nothing there. The dead girl's body was literally just skin and bone."
Sarah Jane Smith enlists the help of the Third Doctor and the Brigadier, and their investigations take them halfway across the world, to a remote island that has been turned into a paradise for the followers of the cult.
But the island is not what it seems, and neither is the Skang itself; and the Doctor and his companions are faced with the task of saving not only its devotees but the whole of mankind from a loathsome death.
to be added
- Third Doctor
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
- Sgt Benton
- Jeremy Fitzoliver
- Mama Fitzoliver
- Alex Whitbread
- Hilda Hutchens
- Will Cabot
- Sister Helga
- Brother Dieter
- Brother Dafydd
- Major Chatterjee
- Mr Gorridge
- Lieutenant-Commander Eugene Hogben
- First Lieutenant Peter Andrews
- Bob Simkins
- Chris Watts
- Mortimer Willow
- Brian Prebble
Anatomy and physiology Edit
- Regeneration causes unpredictable gaps in memory.
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor uses the phrase "two shakes of a sluggerlug's tail".
- The Doctor claims he would have been a keen cricket player if he had regenerated into a younger body.
- A sneg is a kind of hairy newt.
- A flubble is a Gallifreyan animal resembling a small-nosed, six-legged koala.
- A Schlenk Blossom is a type of Gallifreyan flower.
Foods and beverages Edit
- The Doctor and Sarah drink hot rum toddies after being rescued at sea.
- The Doctor also drinks port.
- The Brigadier drinks Scotch while he's on the plane to Bombay.
- The Doctor has met Charles Darwin.
- Sarah lives in an attic bedsit near Hampstead Heath.
- Sarah's father is from Liverpool.
United Nations Intelligence Taskforce Edit
to be added