Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"Back foul harpy! Denizen of the lower levels!"
Thomas Carnacki, the famed Edwardian Ghost Finder, faces his most terrifying challenge yet. Not only must he rid Mocata Grange of hideous apparitions and rampaging pig-monsters, he must also avoid the advances of that hellcat Iris Wildthyme. Will any of them get through the night alive?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Iris Wildthyme - Katy Manning
- Panda - David Benson
- Thomas Carnacki - Marcus Hutton
- Sir Donald Marshall - Roger Parrott
- Hog Lord - Scott Handcock
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Thomas Carnacki was an Edwardian supernatural detective created by William Hope Hodgson. He originally appeared in six short stories in the magazine The Idler from 1910 to 1912. In terms of the Whoniverse, the character previously appeared in the novel Foreign Devils.
- This audio drama was recorded on 4 and 5 December 2011.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Iris activates the bus' randomiser to evade the Monstron time destroyer. The Fourth Doctor did likewise in order to evade the Black Guardian. (TV: The Armageddon Factor)
- After Carnacki refers to Iris as a "foul harpy", Panda asks her if Carnacki is another one of her ex-husbands. They previously met her former husband Sam Gold on Radio Yesterday. (AUDIO: The Sound of Fear)
- Carnacki previously encountered the Second Doctor and his companions Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot in Kent in December 1900. (PROSE: Foreign Devils)
- Iris refers to the sinking of the RMS Titanic on 15 April 1912. (PROSE: The Left-Handed Hummingbird, TV: Rose)
- Iris refers to a planet where the inhabitants were able to manipulate the matter in the universe through chanting. (TV: Logopolis)