- You may wish to consult
Dalek invasionfor other, similarly-named pages.
Invasion of the Daleks was the first story in the Dalek Empire I audio series produced by Big Finish Productions. This series, beginning with this story was Big Finish's first foray into audio stories featuring Doctor Who universe elements without the Doctor or another known character such as Bernice Summerfield in their Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series. This story was written, directed and had all of its post production and music performed by Nicholas Briggs. Additionally, Briggs also provided most of the Dalek voice work including the voice of the Dalek Emperor.
Publisher's summary Edit
After centuries of struggle, the Earth Alliance has been created and all is well.
Then, without warning, the Daleks launch their invasion.
An invasion which threatens to tear apart the fabric of our entire galaxy...
to be added
- Susan Mendes - Sarah Mowat
- Alby Brook - Mark McDonnell
- Kalendorf - Gareth Thomas
- Pellan - John Wadmore
- Narrator - Joyce Gibbs
- Admiral Cheviat / Ed Byers / Roboman - Ian Brooker
- Ernst Tanlee - David Sax
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs and Alistair Lock
- The Dalek Emperor - Nicholas Briggs
Astronomical objects Edit
- The Vega System has two suns.
Foods and beverages Edit
- Although he is a human, Alby has never been to Earth. Suz tells him that he should not bother visiting it.
- Alby is an Earth Alliance B-grade security operative who was sent to Vega VI six months earlier to meet Kalendorf, one of the Knights of Velyshaa, in the hopes of opening up negotiations to form a defence pact against the Daleks.
- A Repulse-class star destroyer, the Victorious, from the Earth Alliance Rapid Response Fleet crashes near the southern part of Vega City on Vega VI after a battle with the Dalek Empire's fleet in the outskirts of the Vega system.
- Vega VI Dalek commander reports to the Dalek Supreme that the Earth Alliance ship still in the Vega system trasmitting anti-Dalek propaganda.
- Prior to the Dalek invasion, Suz's only knowledge of them came from school history lessons which she vaguely remembered.
- The Daleks travel in space individually. (PROSE: The Dalek Book)
- The Daleks have extracted data from the Kar-Charrat library which contained information about the human mind. Only the Dalek Emperor and the Supreme are able to access the data, for the information is considered dangerous to the Dalek race. (AUDIO: The Genocide Machine)
- The Daleks previously recreated the Seriphia Galaxy with the Apocalypse Element. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- The Dalek Supreme tells Suz of the Human Factor, which distinguishes humans from the Daleks. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)
- Kalendorf mentions the war between the Earth Alliance and the Knights of Velyshaa in the 36th century, which concluded in Earth's favour in 3562. (AUDIO: The Sirens of Time)
- After removing Suz from Vega VI, the Daleks transport her to the Garazone system, a "backwater" of the interstellar spacelanes which the Eighth Doctor and his companion Charley Pollard had visited in the 26th century. (AUDIO: Sword of Orion)
- Alby and Kalendorf would later determine that the reason that the Dalek invasion of the galaxy began in the Vega system: the Daleks required high quantities of veganite to power Project Infinity in order to locate a parallel universe in which the Daleks had established dominion over the entire universe. (AUDIO: Project Infinity)
- This Dalek invasion and occupation of Mutter's Spiral would later become known as the Second Great Dalek Occupation. (AUDIO: Return of the Daleks)
- Invasion of the Daleks occurs six months before AUDIO: The Human Factor.
- Official Invasion of the Daleks page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Invasion of the Daleks at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide