His confirmation as a future incarnation of the Doctor was confirmed when he said he was once "Paul McGann".
The story focuses on the Doctor recalling his past adventures as well as living in a new design version of the TARDIS.
The Doctor (at first refusing to indentify himself, and only claiming to be someone who knew the Doctor "very well") introduces an evening of pure entertainment whilst sharing elements of his past.
to be added
- The Doctor mentions Cleopatra and Helen of Troy.
- The Doctor's TARDIS has an extremely long corridor.
- Refering to himself in the third person, the Doctor says that he is 700 years old and has two hearts.
Story notes Edit
- The story was part of Doctor Who Night (1999).
- According to the official Doctor Who website this story is set on Theemnite II, 59,888.
- The story features the reappearance of the enemies the Daleks (the first time on screen since Remembrance of the Daleks) and the Krynoid (the first time on screen since The Seeds of Doom) and currently the last.
- It is one of the few BBC produced on screen Doctor Who episodes, which featured a "main Doctor", from the 1990s. The others include Search Out Space, Dimensions in Time, The TV Movie and Destiny of the Doctors.
- This story featured Tom Baker playing a future version of the Doctor which took the form of an aged version of his fourth incarnation. This had already happened in the linking narration of the 1992 VHS release of Shada, and would happen again in 2013 in The Day of the Doctor.
- A new TARDIS interior was designed for this story. It was presented as a large, basic room with ornamental chairs and a grand corridor leading to a hat stand. It similarly introduced a new exterior with a new design police box. The windows top three rectangular panels were black, and the right and left bottom ones were white except for the centre one which was black. This design would be repeated for The Doctor's Wife and numerous stories after.
to be added