to be added
- Among the insect species affected by the improperly mixed pesticide spray are caterpillars, ants and wasps.
- The Doctor and the Brigadier use a UNIT helicopter equipped with riot gas.
- Insect contains the earliest direct reference to World War II in Doctor Who fiction, although both Invasion of the Daleks and Doctor Who and the Crusaders had previously alluded to the conflict. It was followed by Timebenders, the first story to be set during the war.
Original print details Edit
- (Publication with page count and closing captions)
- TVC 955 (2 pages) Next week, Dr. Who attacks the monster from the air!
- TVC 956 (2 pages) What is the Doctor's plan ? Don't miss next week's episode.
- TVC 957 (2 pages) Will the giant insect attack?
- TVC 958 (2 pages) Will the cage hold this giant caterpillar? See next week.
- TVC 959 (2 pages) Thrilling new story next week. Mysterious meteorite comes to earth.
- The First Doctor previously encountered seemingly large insects as a result of harmful pesticides, however that was because he had shrunk to their size. (TV: Planet of Giants)
- Once again, the Doctor is annoyed that the Brigadier won't let him get on repairing his TARDIS. (COMIC: The Arkwood Experiments, The Multi-Mobile)
- The Doctor would encounter insects that were made giant from chemicals in The Green Death.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.