Infinite Requiem was the thirty-sixth New Adventures novel. It featured the Seventh Doctor and Bernice Summerfield travelling alone for the first time since The Pit, following Ace's departure in the previous novel, Set Piece.
Publisher's summary Edit
Kelzen, a chaotic force in the mind of an unborn twentieth-century earthling. Jirenal, intent on conquering a future society of dreamers and telepaths. Shanstra, evil incarnate — the conflicts on Gadrell Major are her sport and the tragedies of humans are her entertainment.
They are Sensopaths, their minds attuned to the collective unconscious, their power unleashed like a wild animal into the physical world. One by one, the TARDIS has located them. While Bernice faces the life-and-death struggle of a colonial war, with only a hologram of the Doctor to help her, the Doctor himself must confront the all-powerful trinity.
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Captain Darius Kieran Cheynor
- Colm Oswyn
- Horst Leibniz
- Nita Bedi
- Phil Tarrant
- Suzi Palsson
- Tilusha Meswani
The Doctor's items Edit
- The Doctor gives Bernice a pyramid that projects a somewhat interactive version of himself.
- The Doctor is afraid of dying alone and has been since Susan left.
- Sensopaths are the most powerful telepaths the Doctor has ever encountered. They are from far in the future and regard the Time Lords as legends.
- A prelude to this novel was published in DWM 223.
- Infinite Requiem is somewhat of a sequel to PROSE: The Dimension Riders.
- Darius Cheynor first met the Doctor and friends in PROSE: The Dimension Riders.
- The Time-Space Visualiser was constructed by the Doctor in TV: The Chase.
- The Doctor created a hologram which may have been interactive in TV: The Parting of the Ways, similar to the hologram in this story.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Infinite Requiem at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Infinite Requiem
- Prelude to Infinite Requiem as published in DWM#223