Era: human historical (later period).
Technology: Military (self-contained), non-time-active.
By the end of the fifth millennium AD, the homunculi created by the human species -- clones, cross-breeds, fighting-machines and artificial intelligences of all descriptions -- outnumbered humanity by more than thirteen to one: but even so, there were no creations like those of Peking. Heading a thousand-strong army of individually-crafted automata, the twelve commanders were self-aware embodiments of the oriental zodiac, forged to a strict astrological design and said to incorporate history itself in their operating program. After the fall of Peking, however, most were never accounted for...
to be added
- Cousin Justine - Suzanne Proctor
- Lord Sandwich - Michael Chance
- The Sieur d'Eon - Jo Castleton
- Cousin Eliza - Emma Kilbey
- Mistress Culver - Jackie Skarvellis
- King George III - Eric MacLennan
- Queen Charlotte - Caroline Burns-Cook
- The Earl of Bute - Mark Grieg
- Annabel - Linda Bartram
- Mistress Culver is revealed to be Compassion.
to be added
- One of the Peking Homunculi — the Pig — disappeared. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Justine remarks that 50 years of War have transformed the Great Houses into "beasts". (PROSE: The Taking of Planet 5, The Ancestor Cell)
- Official In the Year of the Cat audio download page at bbvproductions.co.uk
- Official In the Year of the Cat CD page at bbvproductions.co.uk
- Script of In the Year of the Cat at factionparadox.co.uk
- In the Year of the Cat at the Faction Paradox wiki