Into the Shadows was the third release of the BBC Torchwood audio stories. It was also the last audio story to feature Owen Harper and Toshiko Sato until Big Finish Productions secured the rights to produce Torchwood audio adventures.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Torchwood team are caught up in the deadly activities of a mysterious cab driver in this exclusive audio adventure, read by Eve Myles.
When 24-year-old Steven Ballard is found dead, the police quickly realise that this is no ordinary case — for his body is that of a man in his seventies. They call in Torchwood to investigate, and after another corpse is found, it becomes clear that something terrible is happening.
Someone is sending victims to a dark dimension, to be punished by the thing they fear most. Who is the shadowy taxi driver preying on his passengers? What significance do boxes of matches play in this mystery? And can Jack ever escape from his own personal Hell...?
Written specially for audio by Joseph Lidster, In the Shadows features Captain Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper, Owen Harper, Toshiko Sato and Ianto Jones, as played by John Barrowman, Eve Myles, Burn Gorman, Naoko Mori and Gareth David-Lloyd in the hit series from BBC Television.
Contains adult themes and language.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Jack Harkness
- Gwen Cooper
- Owen Harper
- Toshiko Sato
- Ianto Jones
- Rhys Williams
- Andy Davidson
- Patrick Jefferson
- Darren Sowersby
- Steven Ballard
- Trinity Wells
- Suzie Costello
- John Hart
- Alex Hopkins
- Skip Jameson
References[edit | edit source]
- Gwen mentions lasagne while on the phone to Rhys.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Most of the story takes place before the wedding of Gwen and Rhys. However, the story begins with an introduction by Gwen that is said to have been recorded after the deaths of Tosh and Owen. Gwen also mentions the events of the television episodes The Stolen Earth and Journey's End and the audio story Lost Souls. Although not explained in detail, it appears that Gwen is trying to use an alien artefact to send a message to Owen and Tosh in the afterlife.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Ianto remembers Torchwood One's work on Huon particles. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- Skip Jameson has worked at the Priory Nightclub since at least 2005. (AUDIO: One Rule)
- Skip refers to Jon and Brendon. (PROSE: Almost Perfect)
- Rhys refers to the diet he went on with Lucy Sobel. (PROSE: Slow Decay)
- Gwen recalls the time that Rhys took a gullet for her. (TV: Meat)
- Jack gives Gwen and Rhys two tickets to Paris so they can get away from Torchwood for the weekend. (TV: Adam)
- Jack sees visions of Trinity Wells, (TV: Aliens of London) John Hart, (TV: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang Suzie Costello, (TV: Everything Changes) and Alex Hopkins (TV: Fragments) while trapped in Hell.
[edit | edit source]