Publisher's summary Edit
"Look out there, Romana. Look at that wasteland of ash. That is what we will become under your rule."
Darkel has played her hand, the Free Time influence in the Capital is spreading and opposition to Romana's policies from without and within is growing. When the bombs start going off, the High President of Gallifrey decides enough is enough.
While Leela and K9 race to track down the terrorists to avoid more bloodshed, Romana enters into a risky bargain for control with a dangerous, influential figure from her past. But she soon discovers that the answer to her problems lies in the future. A future she has already witnessed. And one she has been trying to avoid.
But someone desperately wants this future and will stop at nothing to make it occur.
Even if it means leading Romana and Gallifrey to civil war.
to be added
- Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 Mark I / K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- Candidate Darkel - Lynda Bellingham
- Coordinator Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Gold Usher - Nicholas Briggs
- Romana / Pandora - Mary Tamm
- Commander Hallan - Michael Cuckson
- Commentator Antimon - Robin Sebastian
- Nekkistani Ambassador - Daniel Hogarth
- Student Galadina - Jenny Livsey
- Nekkistani Emperor - Conrad Westmaas
- Andred was murdered.
- K9 Mark I is destroyed by a bomb and Leela refuses to have a replacement model built.
- Darkel communicates with Castellan Maxil to organise an escort around the Time Lord Academy.
- This story runs for a full CD and half of the second CD. The rest of the second is a documentary The Making of Gallifrey, featuring behind the scenes information and interview with the cast and crew.
- K9 Mark I is destroyed in this story, but appears to have survived later. (TV: Regeneration)
- Romana previously saw a vision of herself as Imperiatrix during the Anti-time debacle. (AUDIO: Neverland)