I Was Churchill's Double was the third story in The Churchill Years: Volume Two.
Publisher's summary Edit
Alexandra Palace, 1942. Strange television signals show a paranoid Churchill urging on the resistance in German-occupied Britain. A man in a battered leather jacket makes a guest appearance. The broadcasts come from another world, one where the country is now part of the Kaiser’s Empire. Of course, the Doctor is involved, and while Churchill claims to understand the notion of 'alternative histories', he never expected to be part of one.
to be added
- Winston Churchill - Ian McNeice
- Kaiser Wilhelm III/John Logie Baird - Mark Elstob
- Louisa - Emily Woodward
- Von Moltke - Hywel Morgan
- Maid - Roberta Taylor
- The title of the story is a reference to the 1954 book I Was Monty's Double by M. E. Clifton James and its 1958 film adaptation.
- The R101 airship and Colditz Castle are both mentioned. The Doctor grimly recalls his experiences with both. (AUDIO: Storm Warning, Colditz)
- The Doctor uses a banana as a pretend weapon. (TV: The Doctor Dances)