- You may be looking for I Am The Master: Legends of the Renegade Time Lord.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
There is a message for you. It comes from a long way, from a dying world. No, not a dying world. A killed world. And the message is from the killer.
Please attend carefully. The message that follows is vital to your future...
However much longer that may be.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Master once flattened Rome.
- Glox is a pink planet with a large diversity of life.
- In the Gloxian recording studio where the Master arrives, he decides to disguise his TARDIS as a recording booth.
- The Master heads to Gloxford Campus.
Species[edit | edit source]
- The Master mentions the Cloud Hangers of Galaxy 357, the Luminescence Sea Squids of Nebula 9 and the Light-Seeking Seed Pod Intelligence of Interplanetary Travel.
- The Master mentions having a conversation with a Krynoid.
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- The Master mentions his mother and father back on Gallifrey.
- The Master mentions disliking David Attenborough and how he would like Glox.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the style of The Companion Chronicles, this story is told from the Master's perspective.
- Big Finish's Backstage description states that I Am The Master takes place after The Keeper of Traken.
- While bragging about being the most intelligent creature the universe has ever produced, the Master tells the listener to not dare think of any other, remarking that, "his reputation is altogether overrated... as hers will be, in a future time you haven't yet seen", referring to the Thirteenth Doctor, whose first full-length story had aired twenty days prior to this story's release.
- This story was recorded on 20 October 2017 at The Moat Studios.
- This story was initially available as a download only, until it was re-released as part of the Masterful box set in 2021 to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the Master.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Master muses about the possibility of a galaxy reserved for multiplying clones of himself, before having a feeling that he will already try that at some point. (TV: The End of Time)
- The Master recalls stealing multiple bodies. (TV: The Keeper of Traken, Doctor Who; PROSE: Forgotten; AUDIO: Mastermind)
- The Master once again attempted to be a politician in TV: The Sound of Drums.
[edit | edit source]
- "Backstage" tab of the Official I Am The Master page at bigfinish.com