to be added
- In the 16th century, it was believed that hiccups result from an "imbalance of the humours", but Liz knows they're most often a symptom of indigestion.
- The King almost threatens Liz with a death sentence.
- Rudimentary glasses have already been invented by 1539, though the King is too vain to wear them.
- Henry VIII has cataracts, rendering him "practically blind", but the Doctor cures him of this ailment with his sonic screwdriver.
- The King invites the Doctor and Liz with him to Hampton Court, but they decline.
- This may be, chronologically, the first known use of the sonic screwdriver in a medical capacity: in this case, to cure Henry VIII of his cataracts.
- Liz Shaw is rescued by the Third Doctor later in his life, from after the Time Lords restored his TARDIS. (TV: The Three Doctors, et al.)
- King Henry suddenly disapproves of the match with the Lady Anne of Cleves, who will be his future wife. (PROSE: God Send Me Well to Keep)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.