- You may be looking for the titular species.
Publisher's summary Edit
When a newspaper reporter goes missing, the Doctor, Tegan and Nyssa uncover a case of alien abduction. The trail leads them to the planet Luparis, and a city that appears to be a replica of Tudor era London.
What are the monsters that lurk in the shadows? And what is the terrible secret at the heart of Luparis? To save a world, the Doctor must try and defeat the evil plans of Queen Zafira.
And one of her plans is to marry him...
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Tegan Jovanka - Janet Fielding
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Queen Zafira/ Bev - Jacqueline Pearce
- Mike Bretherton - Toby Hadoke
- Lord Jezzavar - Richard Mark
- Lord Zellenger/ Bill - Dan Starkey
- Astorius - Sean Brosnan
- Luparis is the third planet of Proxima Centauri and is supposed to be overgrown with no intelligent life.
- Tegan and Mike Bretherton, who were next door neighbours, went to high school together in Brisbane. They were taught physics and chemistry by Miss Anderson. When she was fifteen, she broke her toe during track and gym and Mike carried her books home for her.
- Luparis is a replica of Tudor London, featuring reproductions of the River Thames (which has frozen over due to the planet's rapidly falling temperatures, leading to a frost fair), London Bridge and the Palace of Whitehall.
- The Doctor once sparred with Errol Flynn.
- Tegan and Nyssa each have their own TARDIS keys.
- The Doctor says that Gallifreyans can live for "millennia".
- After Prison in Space, this is the second Lost Story in which a female ruler seeks to marry the Doctor. Babs, the Chairman of the World Federation of Womanhood, became infatuated with the Second Doctor immediately after meeting him in that story.
- After The Foe from the Future and The Valley of Death, this is the third Lost Story to partially take place in 1977.
- This audio drama was recorded on 10 and 11 February 2011.
- The original working title for this story was simply Hex.
- The Doctor, Nyssa and Tegan spend several days on holiday in Brisbane, Australia following their ordeal with the Elite on Florana. (AUDIO: The Elite) The three of them and Turlough would subsequently visit Brisbane during World War VI in the early 51st century. (AUDIO: The Butcher of Brisbane) Later in his personal timeline, the Doctor would return to the city on 22 September 2006, where he would be reunited with Tegan, approximately 22 years after she had left the TARDIS following an encounter with the Daleks in London in 1984. (AUDIO: The Gathering)
- The Doctor tells Lord Jezzavar of the destruction of Traken in 1981 while Nyssa obliquely refers to the death of her father Tremas. (TV: Logopolis)
- Nyssa mentions the time of Malador. (AUDIO: The Guardians of Prophecy)
- Tegan refers to the Great Fire of London in September 1666. (TV: The Visitation)
- The Doctor tells Queen Zafira that he has previously visited the Palace of Whitehall. He did so in November 1688 during his second incarnation in the company of Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot (AUDIO: The Glorious Revolution) and again, during his fourth incarnation, in 1588 in the company of Leela. (AUDIO: The Devil's Armada)
- The Doctor mentions that he has witnessed humans thriving during one of Earth's Ice Ages. (TV: An Unearthly Child)
- Tegan refers to Nyssa being brainwashed by the Elite on Florana. (AUDIO: The Elite)
- The Doctor has been reluctantly engaged before. (TV: The Aztecs) He would get engaged to a royal monarch again. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- The Doctor would again encounter aliens snatching human bodies in The Unquiet Dead.
- The Doctor and Nyssa have visited a planet resembling a period of England's past. (AUDIO: Spare Parts)