In the 26th century, the three crew members of the space yacht Heliotrope Bouquet II depart Soarpath Junction, only to become caught in the middle of a space battle between Daleks and Cybermen. They escape, but the ship is badly damaged. While making their way to a safe harbour, a Cyber-Leader forces them to return to the battle so he can destroy the Dalek ship. They succeed in tricking the Cyberman, destroy him, and resume course away from the battle.
- Planets, colonies and other astronomical locations mentioned include Looking-glass, Soarpath Junction, the Partition Sector, Nyvann, the Davian Systems, the Plaides, Sark and Sadizar.
- Spacecraft mentioned include the Downline Express, the Heliotrope Bouquet II, the Cybership K'voon and the Dalek flagship Urun-hutsaiki Rak.
- The Daleks pilot what appear to be hoverbouts in the poster, but they are called "space maneouvre cradles" in the text.
- Goff had served with Space Tactical and Central Intelligence.
- A poster depicting the Daleks and Cybermen battling was included with the story.
- "Plaides" is presumably a misspelling of "Pleiades".
- At this point in time, the last contact with the Daleks and Cybermen was so long ago that some people no longer believe in them. In TV: The Space Museum, Vicki (who is from 2493) didn't know what a Dalek looked like until she saw one, and in TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen (set in the previous century) the Cybermen are believed to have died out centuries ago.
- Misha had worked three years as an interpreter in the Draconian Disputes. (TV: Frontier in Space)