Heart of Stone was a novel released in the first edition of the 2 in 1 Doctor Who books range.
A single touch could turn you to stone... forever!
The Doctor, Amy and Rory are surprised to discover moon rocks scattered around a farm. But things get even stranger when they discover where the moon rock is coming from - a Rock Man is turning everything he touches to stone! Can the Doctor, Amy and Rory find out what the creature wants before it's too late?
to be added
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Jess Conaway
- Ralph Conaway
- Christ Jenkins
- Mr Hoggett
- H.G. Wells and two of his novels, The War of the Worlds and The Time Machine, are all mentioned.
- The events of the film Independence Day are due to happen in 2109.
- Scooby Doo is mentioned by the Doctor.
- The Doctor asks for a Jammie Dodger.
- This novel was released in the 2 in 1 book range along with Death Riders by Justin Richards.
- Although he features as a companion in this novel, no image of Rory is displayed on the cover.
- This book was later re-released individually, and with a new cover, as part of the Eleventh Doctor Adventures. This edition was released as a ebook on 5 November 2015 and in paperback on 17 November 2015.
- Amy compares an abandoned lab to the Mary Celeste, which the Doctor doesn't want to talk about. The Daleks pursued him and his companions onto the ship and scared away the crew and passengers in TV: The Chase.
- Rory remembers his trip in the TARDIS to Venice, although the book states this was in the 15th century when it was actually the late 16th. (TV: The Vampires of Venice)
- The Doctor gives the instruction: "When I say run, run." His second incarnation said this in TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen, as did the Fifth Doctor in TV: Warriors of the Deep and the Seventh Doctor in AUDIO: Flip-Flop.
- Amy pretends to show little interest when Rory tells her the Doctor took him to the moon, saying, "Been there, done that." Although she admits she was joking, she and the Doctor did visit the moon in PROSE: Apollo 23.
- Official Heart of Stone page at Penguin Books
- Official Heart of Stone / Death Riders page at Penguin Books
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Heart of Stone at The Whoniverse