Halflife was the sixty-eighth novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Mark Michalowski, released 5 April 2004 and featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Trix MacMillan.
"To lose one set of memories may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose two smacks of carelessness."
While Fitz consorts with royalty, the Doctor's on the run with a 16-year-old girl, and Trix meets a small boy with a dark secret.
In a race for the minds and souls of an entire planet, the Doctor and Trix are offered temptations that may change them forever.
At least one of them will be unable to resist.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Madam Xing
- Calamee Fischer
- Calamee suggests the Doctor try Transcendental Meditation.
- The Doctor sings a line of Duran Duran's "Rio".
- The Doctor played Super Mario Bros in a Bradford pub in the 1980s.
- The Doctor smokes cigarettes after his mind is temporarily jumbled with Fitz's.
- Native life on Espero includes insects, burrowbears, elephines, mokeys and tree-rats.
- The Makers are at war with a species called the Oon.
to be added
- The events of PROSE: Timeless, Sometime Never... and Emotional Chemistry are mentioned.
- The Doctor has flashbacks to the death of Miranda. (PROSE: Sometime Never...)
- Trix wonders what Anji and Chloe are up to nowadays. (PROSE: Timeless)
- Fitz remembers the events of PROSE: Interference - Book Two, specifically the fact that he is a clone of the original Fitz Kreiner. However, he somehow blocked a lot of his previous memories much like the Doctor had and did not remember much of his earlier adventures with the Doctor or Sam.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Halflife at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Halflife
- Writing Halflife