"That is our world out there. A chemical soup for a sky above and a scarred, radioactive wasteland below. It is purgatory. But we must make it paradise!"
The Kaled city is now ravaged, and life has become one of fear, protected by a vast transparent dome that covers the city ruins. The Thals undertake a desperate mission to take Davros away from his laboratories, and the Supremo must send a crack squad over enemy lines to retrieve his chief scientist. Led by the morally bankrupt Lieutenant Nyder, Davros is rescued. But he has been changed by the experience, and where once he stood for knowledge, he now espouses the utter extermination of the Thal people. To this end, Davros will stop at nothing to make sure his legacy lives on...
Cast & Characters
- Davros - Terry Molloy
- Scientist Ral - David Bickerstaff
- Colonel Murash - Lisa Bowerman
- Baran - Nicholas Briggs
- Tech-Ops Ludella - Jenifer Croxton
- Saboteur - Scott Handcock
- Thal Soldier - Gary Hopkins
- Yarvell - Lizzie Hopley
- Lady Calcula - Carolyn Jones
- Lieutenant Nyder - Peter Miles
- Radio Announcer - Toby Robinson
- The Supremo - John Stahl
- Davros used to enjoy sweet tea.
- The Kaled's birthrate is rapidly declining, and mutations, still births and other such things are becomming much more commonplace.
- Davros experiments and genetically alters many of the Kaled's infant population, creating further mutations of the Kaleds.
- Nyder rescues Davros from one of the Thal domes.
- Captain Croag and the Highland Rangers was a television show that screened within the Kaled population, Davros watched it as a child, as did Yarvell.
- Davros transplants a Thal brain into his 'Mark One' travel machine; an early prototype (from sounds and descriptions) what would become a Dalek.
- This release included a second CD with a behind the scenes documentary and interviews behind all four audio dramas.
- Peter Miles (Nyder) and Lisa Bowerman (Colonel Murash) previously appeared in the Sixth Doctor audio drama BFA: Whispers of Terror together. They played Beth Pernell and Curator Gantman respectively.
- This story occurs a short (relative) time before DW: Genesis of the Daleks.
- From the description and implication the Mark One Davros creates would be of the same design seen in DW: The Daleks.