Ghosts of the Never-Were was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2012.
While the TARDIS travels through the vortex, Amy Pond's dreams are invaded by an alien race, the Never-were, who show her their homeworld, which is advanced and peaceful. However, the aliens also show her the world in ruins, a world laid waste by a race of insects. They plead with Amy to help them.
Amy wakes and leaves Rory Williams asleep. In a trance, she heads to the TARDIS control room and lands the ship on an alien world. Rory discovers that Amy is gone and he gets the Doctor; they follow Amy out onto a barren world, full of curious insects. Guided by the voices in her head, Amy finds the Queen of the insects. She raises a large rock above her head and is about to destroy the Queen when the Doctor and Rory break the alien influence.
Amy recovers and defies the ghosts in her head. They disappear, swearing to take revenge on Amy and her friends for denying their existence...
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to repel the curious insects on the alien planet.
- With news reports that travelling companions Amy Pond and Rory Williams are to leave the Doctor in the 2012 series, the Never-were ghosts with their threat to have their revenge has a timely sense of foreboding.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 263 (4 pages) DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- Amy Pond and Rory Williams appear to be sleeping in the same bed — which isn't a bunk bed as was suggested they had prior to TV: The Doctor's Wife.
- This is not the first time Amy Pond has had adventures in her night clothes. (TV: The Beast Below)