This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Please DO NOT add to this discussion.
I note that New Earth, which used to link to the titular planet from New Earth (TV story) has been moved to New Earth (planet). I see no cause to violate Tardis:Disambiguation policy#Primary topics? Clearly the New Earth of New Earth is the primary "New Earth" out there, given that our naming convention tells us to preference in-universe pages. It should remain un-disambiguated, while the disambig page should be New Earth (disambiguation). Another excellent reason for doing this is that New Earth (planet) is actually vague, since there's more than one planet called New Earth in the DWU.
- New Earth should again be the planet from the TV story of the same name.
- all the recent link changes should be undone
- New Earth (disambiguation) should be the disambig
- New Earth (planet) should be wholly deleted as non-specific.
Anyone got serious opposition to this?
- Completely fine with me. As it should be. --The Thirteenth Doctor 22:38, February 22, 2011 (UTC)
Although the notion of scrapping New Earth (planet) has gone ahead, other ideas from 10 months ago have fallen by the wayside. Our disambig policies have become more neutral in the intervening time, such that one usage is not preferenced over another. Hence, the current New Earth picture looks like this:
- New Earth is the dab page
- New Earth (planet) is gone, and create-locked
- New Earth from New Earth is now New Earth (New Earth), following disambig policy to use the name of a thing's debut story as the dab term. (Plus it's easy to remember.)
Thanks to Tybort for returning focus to this issue.