Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Until now, an offered chance from the Doctor has never stopped the villain's schemes.
...But then what happens?
Plot[edit | edit source]
Sean Calvin intends to remove free will on a planet. The Doctor convinces him not to, and every year for nine years, Sean meets the Doctor and Ace to chat. Over these nine years, Sean marries and has a daughter, Odessa, and becomes a war hero. In the end, the authorities discover what Sean had intended to do nine years before, and he is tried for his crimes. Ace asks the Doctor whether there was anything different from if Sean had gone through with it, and the Doctor replies that Odessa has hope in this timeline.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story is available for download only.
- This story was recorded at Ladbroke Audio, Sanderstead on 27 October 2016.
- According to the studio script, this story takes place after TV: Survival.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- When asked about his family, the Doctor mentions his granddaughter (TV: An Unearthly Child, et al.) and a metaphorical giddy aunt. (TV: The Krotons, et al.)
- Ace teaches Odessa how to make milkshakes. (TV: Dragonfire)
- The Doctor describes Sean’s exile as a fixed point in time. (TV: The Waters of Mars)