Romana has been assassinated...
The Time Lords have never existed...
Gallifrey's secrets are lost.
On a world they barely recognise, Narvin and Leela find themselves fighting to stay alive. Against all their expectations, brutality and barbarism reign. And Gallifrey's slaves are rising up to face their masters.
Before this day is out, their lives will change forever. And the world they know might end before it has even begun...
to be added
- President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Chancellor Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Guard Valyes - Steven Wickham
- Coordinator Vansell - Anthony Keetch
- Overseer Thracken - Matthew Bates
- Unit 190 - Carole Ann Ford
- The Krilig - John Leeson
- Commentator Theta Sigma - Colin Baker
- Councillor Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
to be added
- Along with James Swallow, Jane Espenson and John Shiban, David Wise is one of the only four contributors to the Doctor Who franchise who has also written an episode of the televised Star Trek franchise. Wise co-wrote the Star Trek: The Animated Series episode "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth", which became the first and only episode of so-called "classic era" of Star Trek to win an Emmy Award.
- As well as his regular role as K9 Mark II, John Leeson also played the Krilig in this audio drama. This marks the first time that he has portrayed a credited character in the Doctor Who universe other than K9 since the television story Remembrance of the Daleks in 1988, when he supplied the voice of the Dalek Battle Computer. He played the uncredited role of Tallan in the audio Reborn.
- A working title for this play was Gallifrey Eternal. 
- Carole Ann Ford is known for playing the Doctor's granddaughter Susan Foreman.
- In the alternative timeline in which Rassilon failed to finish the Eye of Harmony before his death, the Doctor never left Gallifrey, becoming a commentator rather than a renegade Time Lord. By this time, he appears to be in his sixth incarnation. He is commonly referred to as "Theta Sigma," which was his nickname at the Academy in the proper timeline. (TV: The Armageddon Factor, The Happiness Patrol)
- Romana tells the alternative Narvin that, in the proper timeline, Lord Presidents have been assassinated in the past. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- Lord Zakar was present when Lady President Romana was assassinated by Coordinator Vansell. (AUDIO: Arbitration)