Summary[edit | edit source]
Anne Caisson is working late on Christmas Eve; everyone else has gone home. Her boss, Sir Clive Reeves, has already left. As she sorts through the Christmas gifts and cards, she worries about the gift he gave her — instead of the usual hamper filled with food, he has given her an ornament. She is worried that he wants a change in their relationship.
She receives a visit from the Doctor, who used his UNIT credentials to get into the building. He is looking for the ornament, which is really an alien artefact. He explains to the relieved Anne that Sir Clive did not give her the ornament, but the Doctor needs it back. Since Anne had placed the ornament in Sir Clive's briefcase, they must go to his house to retrieve it.
During the drive, the Doctor explains that the ornament can grant wishes and is a dangerous object for humanity. Even someone as moral as Sir Clive would soon be corrupted by it.
At Sir Clive's house, the Doctor distracts Sir Clive while Anne retrieves the ornament on the pretense of needing some documents out of his briefcase. The Doctor and Anne then go to her place and spend Christmas together. As he leaves, he tells her that he had intended to invite her to join him, but he realised that she is where she belongs.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Eighth Doctor
- Anne Caisson
- Sir Clive Reeves
- Jackie McTegh
- Jane Reeves
- Johnny Reeves
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor is working for UNIT.
- Gifts sent to Sir Clive's office include chocolates, a tie, several bottles of Scotch and a bottle of Burgundy. Anne receives a hamper from Fortnum and Mason containing decorations, sherry, stilton, crackers and mince pies.
- Anne thinks the Doctor looks like a fifth Beatle.
- Anne drives a Mini.
- Sir Clive is playing Monopoly with his sons.
- Anne lives at 77A Carlton Mews. Sir Clive lives in Clowdon.
- Sir Clive smokes a pipe.
- The Doctor and Sir Clive drink brandy.
Notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added