Fitz's Story was the second story in the audio anthology, The Company of Friends, which comprised the one hundred and twenty-third release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Stephen Cole and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Matt di Angelo as Fitz.
As of 2021[update], it is the only occasion on which the character of Fitz has been performed. Cole was the author of five Fitz novels across the character's long development, including the penultimate Fitz adventure, To the Slaughter.
On the planet Entusso, the Doctor and Fitz Kreiner investigate Alien Defence Incorporated — your one-stop shop for protection against extraterrestrial invasion! But which is the greatest menace: the hideous Vermin Queens or ADI itself?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Fitz Kreiner - Matt di Angelo
- Commander Hellan Femor - Fenella Woolgar
- Michael Rond - Paul Thornley
- Gem Weston - Su Douglas
- Gastan - Richard Earl
- Anji is indisposed in her bedroom in the TARDIS after drinking a Bactrian cocktail.
- The Doctor's past exploits on Entusso include fighting the Hemvax Conflagration, and once spent six weeks there with Sam during the Havrik Uprising.
- The Doctor, Fitz and Anji recently encountered the Vermin Queens, who stung Fitz in the back.
- This story was recorded on 30 and 31 October 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- Future Eleventh Doctor actor Matt Smith was considered for the role of Fitz Kreiner.
- The Doctor recalls his companion Sam Jones (PROSE: The Eight Doctors) despite his amnesia. (PROSE: The Ancestor Cell)
- Fitz recalls his life before the Doctor and his first meeting with him. (PROSE: The Taint)