Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Huxley is a narrator from Verbatim Six. He is here to let Jo revisit the best time of her life — when she was the plucky companion to that eccentric Space/Time traveller known only as... Iris Wildthyme.
Confronted with memories she knows nothing about, Jo agrees to a meeting with Iris inside her transdimensional bus. Together the three of them take a trip back in time: back to the 1970s, to UNIT HQ and a meeting with the only person who knows the whole truth...
Plot[edit | edit source]
Christmas Eve, 2010. Jo Grant is accosted in an elevator by Huxley, a five-legged "Narrator" from Verbatim Six. Huxley is eager to revisit Jo's time working for UNIT, but tries to convince Jo that her time wasn't spent assisting the Doctor, but fellow time-traveler Iris Wildthyme.
In the basement of the department store, Jo and Huxley are invited into Iris' transdimensional London bus.
Iris too is under the impression that their pasts have been tampered with, and sets the time machine's controls for UNIT, in the 1970s ...
Iris' bus materialises on UNIT grounds and Iris, Jo and Huxley are promptly arrested by UNIT soldiers under Captain Yates and Sergeant Benton.
Jo initially conceals her identity to prevent her timelines from crossing, but once locked up reveals her identity to Benton, who agrees to let the three visitors from the future see the Doctor.
They confront the Doctor in his lab, who appears saddened to see the trio, seeing this as evidence his plan has failed.
It was the Doctor who coerced the Narrator to alter Jo's memories - replacing those of her time with the Doctor with a fictional narrative involving Iris Wildthyme.
Iris too, was initially tricked by the Doctor into believing this fictional past, before she began to see through the Doctor's hypnotism.
Despite the Doctor's good intentions to protect Jo from retribution from his enemies in the future, a distraught Jo is adamant her memories of her time with the Doctor is worth that risk.
The Doctor sends the Narrator on a mission to interview the Master, which the elated Narrator foolishly prepares to undertake.
Meanwhile, Jo and Iris depart for 2010 on Iris' bus - but not before having a few adventures along the way...
Cast[edit | edit source]
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Cover Art - Lee Johnson
- Director - Lisa Bowerman
- Executive Producers - Nicholas Briggs and Jason Haigh-Ellery
- Music & Sound Design - Daniel Brett
- Producer - David Richardson
- Script Editor - Jacqueline Rayner
- Writer - Paul Magrs
References[edit | edit source]
- The Obverse is mentioned.
- Iris has left Panda doing a mission for her.
- Huxley claims that Jo and Iris faced Daleks on Marlion, Cybermen on Telos, and the Cosmic Puppet Master in the Theatre of Dread.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first Big Finish audio drama in which Iris appears without Panda since AUDIO: The Wormery in November 2003.
- This audio drama was recorded on 4 February 2010 at The Moat Studios.
- It was released on 13 September 2010 on CD and download. The story is now available as a download only.
- Iris Wildthyme later appears alongside Jo Grant in The Elixir of Doom.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Huxley refers to Jo's encounters with the Axons (TV: The Claws of Axos), the Daleks (TV: Day of the Daleks, Frontier in Space, Planet of the Daleks), the Master (TV: Terror of the Autons), the Waro (PROSE: The Devil Goblins from Neptune) and the Autons. (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- Huxley also followed the Fifth Doctor's companion Turlough. (AUDIO: Ringpullworld)
- Huxely believes that Jo worked with Iris at Ministry for Alien Incursions and Ontological Wonders. (AUDIO: Wildthyme at Large)
- Iris refers to Captain Yates betraying UNIT. (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]