Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
In a small village in Norfolk, former astronaut Lady Millicent Ferril has established an observatory, tracking a meteorite from the Cronquist System. It is a meteorite that almost killed her years before — and perhaps left her not entirely human.
As Ferril's power grows, so does her influence. She can control metal. And anything metal — from a suit of armour to a bicycle — is now lethal...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Romana wears wellington boots.
- Lady Millicent Ferril describes the Doctor's scarf as "ridiculously long."
- The Doctor left K9 in the TARDIS and told him to stay.
- Prior to marrying the late Lord Ferril, Lady Ferril was the NASA astronaut Millicent Drake. While she was on a mission in 1996, a meteorite struck her shuttle.
- The Doctor plays darts with the locals in the Plow and Harrow.
- Lord Ferril's grandfather Sir Hector Ferril was a hero of World War II.
- Romana describes the Key to Time as an orderly pattern extending in four dimensions.
- The cronquist system's star is aligned with Earth for the first time in five thousand years in geo-temporal orbit. It is in another part of the galaxy.
- Iron is the most common element on Earth.
- Ferril can only psychokinetically control iron or iron alloys. As such, she can animate statues and uses them to speak and hear through.
- Romana mentions ferromagnetic crystalline structures and metal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 1 November 2010 at The Moat Studios.
- It was released on 12 May 2011.
- The story was originally scheduled for the slot that was later filled by The Stealers from Saiph.
- This story was told from Romana's perspective.
- This story is set between The Stones of Blood and The Androids of Tara.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Fourth Doctor previously visited Norfolk in 60 in the company of Leela. (AUDIO: The Wrath of the Iceni)
- The Doctor and Romana are searching for the fourth segment of the Key to Time in Norfolk in 2011. They would later find it on Tara in the 24th century. (TV: The Androids of Tara)
- Romana describes Earth in 2011 as having a Level 4 civilisation. However, she would later describe Earth in 1979 as being a Level 5 planet. (TV: City of Death)
- Lady Ferril confiscates K9's dog whistle from the Doctor. (TV: The Ribos Operation)
- The Doctor plays a game of darts in the fake village of Devesham as well, scoring a perfect. (TV: The Android Invasion)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]