Fear of the Daleks was the second story of the first series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Patrick Chapman and featured Zoe Heriot.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Why has Zoe Heriot been having nightmares about the Daleks? Who is the Doctor, a mysterious man from her past? When an evil scientist hijacks her mind to control a galaxy-conquering weapon, Zoe must stop him. First, she and the Second Doctor will face an enemy they had thought destroyed forever.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Cities[edit | edit source]
Empires[edit | edit source]
- The Xantha Empire was a former Earth colony that was now independent.
Governments[edit | edit source]
- The Tibari Republic was founded by fish-like amphibious humanoids.
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Professor Atrika, a Tibari scientist, planned to assassinate the president of Xantha so he could rule both groups, with the help of the Daleks.
Species[edit | edit source]
- Lavonia was where the peace talks between the Xantha and the Tibari were taking place.
- The Xantha and the Tibari share a common ancestry.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- This marks the first appearances of the Second Doctor, Jamie and Zoe in an audio drama.
- While originally set for release in January 2006, it was announced on 1 February that the release of the first series of Companion Chronicles was to be delayed until 5 February. The announcement of their release came on 19 February, however this followed a gap of communications since the original announcement that release was delayed, so it is difficult to pinpoint a more precise release date than February.
- This story was told from Zoe's perspective.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Zoe says that the Doctor, before letting her join him, showed her with the thought scanner the dangers she would encounter if she did come with him and Jamie. The Daleks were among those perils. (TV: The Wheel in Space)
- The Doctor reassures Zoe some time after this adventure that the Daleks have now really met their final end at last, but Zoe is sceptical as he has said this before. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)
- Dalek crystals are used in a similar fashion in AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element.
- Zoe remembers bits and pieces of her adventures with the Doctor (in the form of dreams), despite the erasure of her memory by the Time Lords. (TV: The War Games)
- The Company would later gain access to records of Zoe's therapy sessions. (AUDIO: Echoes of Grey)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Official Fear of the Daleks page at bigfinish.com
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Fear of the Daleks at The Whoniverse