Extra Time was a novel in the Doctor Who 2 in 1 books range.
The Doctor and his friends head to the 1966 World Cup final. While the Doctor and Amy discover that the Time Lord isn't the only alien visiting Wembley, Rory finds himself playing a crucial role in this historic England vs. West Germany football match...
to be added
- Olympic Way is a street in London.
- Rory is interested in Leicester City and Leeds United.
- Rory is a keen collector of Match Attax footballer gamecards.
- This story was collected in the anthology Step Back in Time.
- This book was later re-released individually, and with a new cover, as part of the Eleventh Doctor Adventures. This edition was released as a ebook on 4 August 2016 and in paperback on 27 September 2016.
- In March 1966, the Jules Rimet Trophy was stolen by a goldsmith. He stole the trophy to get gold to repair an alien ship that crashed. The First Doctor, Steven Taylor, and Dodo Chaplet found the trophy and helped the aliens leave Earth. The Doctor left the trophy in a bag in a street and it was discovered a few minutes later. (AUDIO: This Sporting Life)
- The Eleventh Doctor, Amy and Rory also attended the 1966 World Cup final on another occasion. (COMIC: They Think It's All Over)