Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- James Corden talks about playing the character of Craig.
- Cast and crew discuss the Eleventh Doctor, and how he thinks how he is acting within this story is how a human would act.
- Gareth Roberts discusses the process of adapting his previous 'The Lodger' comic into this TV story.
- The relationship between Craig and Sophie, and how the Doctor brings them closer together.
- Filming the football match, and Matt Smith's previous football ambitions.
- The set from the time machine/upper flat.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- Karen Gillan goes to Greenwich, and discusses the prime meridian, astronomy and the possibility of time travel with Dr. Aderin-Pocock and Marek Kukula.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Karen Gillan, Amy Pond
- Dr. Maggie Aderin-Pocock, Space Scientist
- James Corden, Craig Owens
- Gareth Roberts, Writer, Episode 11
- Steven Moffat, Head Writer
- Catherine Morshead, Director, Episode 11
- Dan Walker, Presenter, Football Focus
- Steve Wilson, Commentator, Football Focus
- Lee Dixon, Pundit, Football Focus
- Mark Lawrenson, Pundit, Football Focus
- Matt Smith, The Doctor
- Marek Kukula, Public Astronomer, Royal Observatory Greenwich
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "On A Mission" by Gabriella Cilmi
- "Human" by The Killers
- "Doubt" by Delphic
- "Vapour Trail" by Aqualung
- "Patterns" by Band Of Skulls
- "Jetstream" by Doves
- "Bean Bag" by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
- "Shake It" by Metro Station
- "Starry Eyed" by Ellie Goulding
- "Push The Button" by Sugababes
- "Pelléas et Mélisande: At The Castle Gate (The Sky at Night Theme)" by The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Also Sprach Zarathustra - Tone Poem for Large Orchestra, Op. 30: Introduction" by Richard Strauss
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Graphics - Component Graphics
- Title Music - Slam & Saw Productions
- Space Images - NASA
- Camera - Aled Jenkins, Jon Rees, Andy Smith, Steve Webb
- Sound - Rhodri Browning, Steve Hoy
- Runners - James Bowen, Claire Riley
- Researchers - Matthew Andrews, Stuart Laws, Robert Wootton
- Assistant Producers - Paul Symonds, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Emma Chapman
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Co-ordinator - Megan Pinches
- Production Manager - Katy Cartwright
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Online Editor - Jeremy Lott
- Colourist - Matt Mullins
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Editor - Rob Mansell
- Edit Producer - Nathan Landeg
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Notes[edit | edit source]
In this episode, when discussing the scene in which the Eleventh Doctor is cooking, James Corden jokes that Matt Smith has won Junior Masterchef. Though not true, by coincidence, a child called Matthew Smith (not related to Matt Smith) has won Junior Masterchef since the airing of this episode - in the US 2019 season.
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
to be added
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series DVD & Blu-ray box sets.