Opening narration box Edit
The Daleks are the masters of Earth!
The Daleks, now protected with crossed strips of the Krikoosh's cage, have unleashed their proton cannon on Earth and all life has turned intangible (unable to touch solids). Unable to eat, humans will soon just waste away from the Earth. Dalek survivors will rebuild war ships and attack, but they have forgotten that the Doctor has struck up an understanding with the Krikoosh.
They allow the Doctor to physically enter the building and reach the proton cannon. Unhurt by the Daleks' rays, the Doctor makes some adjustments and turns the weapon against the Daleks. The humans become solid again and the Daleks with their "protective" shield are now the intangible ones. The Daleks judge this an unacceptable outcome and initiate self-destruct. The Universe's deadliest creatures have been defeated by the cuddliest!
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 4/4 DWBIT 60 (4 pages) THE END!
- No reprints to date.