Excelis Decays was the third story in the Excelis Saga.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
When the Doctor last visited the city of Excelis, its citizens were about to enter an age of enlightenment and reason. But some centuries later, he discovers a vicious totalitarian regime at war with the rest of Artaris, living off the efforts of a drugged and broken underclass.
Who is the mysterious Lord Sutton, and what hold does he have over the ruling classes? What are the Meat Puppets, and what role do they play in the eternal war? And why is the Doctor's arrival the final piece in a plan that has been centuries in the making?
Throughout his lives, the Doctor has fought many legends. But some legends refuse to die.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Lord Vaughan Sutton - Anthony Head
- Commissar Erco Sallis - Ian Collier
- Major Jal Brant - Yee Jee Tso
- Mattias - Stuart Piper
- Reeve Cless - Alistair Lock
- Deputy Warden Baris - Mark Gatiss
- Jancis - Penelope McDonald
- Mother Superior - Patricia Leventon
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the third part of the Excelis Saga.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 March 2002 at The Moat Studios.
- This story was originally released on CD. A download version is currently unavailable.
- This story is set before the 1996 TV Movie.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor has built a new console room for the TARDIS. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor previously visited Artaris in 1,300 years earlier during his fifth incarnation (AUDIO: Excelis Dawns) and 300 years earlier during his sixth incarnation. (AUDIO: Excelis Rising)
- The Doctor would later use the name "Vaughan Sutton" as a pseudonym. (AUDIO: Master)
[edit | edit source]
- Official Excelis Decays page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Excelis Decays at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide